You may notice that I skipped a day! Oops! Actually no, I won’t be posting every single day this month – just most days. Thirty days of non stop posts is a lot to get through! Though I know there are many fellow MoFo-ers who are doing it, and much respect to them.
Today’s prompt is about “colour” – be inspired by colour in your food. We’ve had colour themes before – red food (twice) and I’ve even done a beige day! But today I’ve gone multicoloured. And put it on pizza, because why not?
Pizza is such a versatile food, and most certainly not one you have to give up when you go vegan! I have several pizza recipes on here, and so I thought I’d add another one. This uses a variety of vegetables in rainbow colours (but if you’re not going for the rainbow look, just use what you like the taste of best) and Tesco’s Free From cream cheese – but again, any cream cheese you like the taste of would work great!
If you wanted to use premade pizza dough you could – check the ingredients to make sure it’s vegan – but I’m including the recipe for my own pizza dough too. You have to knead it, which can be a little tedious, but put on a nice playlist and take it all ought on the dough as you knead!
- For the Dough
- 250g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml hand-hot water (water should be hot enough to hold your little finger in without wincing) For the toppings
- 1 pack vegan cream cheese
- Veggies of your choice, cut into bitesize pieces. I used black olives, purple radishes, red onions, red, yellow, and orange tomatoes, red, green and yellow peppers, and green courgettes.
- Begin making your dough. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and olive oil together.
- Slowly pour in the warm water, mixing until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for approximately 8 minutes, until it is smooth and bouncy.
- Cover with a tea towel, and put in a warm place to rise until doubled in size – at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Roll your dough into a large circle ready for topping.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the pizza base.
- Get creative and place the vegetables on top of the cream cheese in a rainbow pattern!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is golden and firm.
- Slice and enjoy!