When I first posted these on my instagram, everyone loved them! I promised that I would write up the recipe – so here it is!
These cookies are white chocolate chip – but with a hidden surprise…
They’re stuffed with a biscoff spread filling!
The cookies themselves are pretty big, so make sure when you bake them you leave plenty of space on the tray for them – else you end up with several cookies stuck together.
White Chocolate Biscoff Cookies
- For the cookies
- 100g vegan white chocolate chips (or chop up a white chocolate bar into chunks)
- 140g vegan butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 275g plain flour
- 125g biscuit spread
- 40g icing sugar (powdered sugar)
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
- Begin by combining the butter, sugars, and vanilla in a bowl and mixing unitil smooth and creamy.
- Add the oil, baking powder, and water, and stir until combined.
- Mix in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir through the flour until a firm dough forms. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the biscuit spread and icing sugar until the mixture is able to be formed into balls with your hand.
- Form the cookie dough into twelve large cookie sized balls (or more/less if you would rather) and set them aside.
- Take one of the cookie dough balls, break it in half, and flatten each half slightly.
- Add a teaspoon sized amount of the biscoff mixture in the middle of one of the halves, and cover with the other half – making sure to seal well. Don’t worry about flattening the dough, it’ll do that in the oven.
- Repeat until all the cookie dough is used up.
- Place on a lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
4 thoughts on “White Chocolate Biscoff Cookies”
Pingback: VeganMoFo 2019! – Walks, Talks & Eats
These look wonderful, and the biscoff filling sounds lovely!
Wow, these really look like fun cookies! I love surprise fillings. Thanks for sharing them with us! I can’t wait until the weather is consistently cool enough for me to have my oven on again.
So yummy looking!