Late night snacking…why is it so good? There’s something about the evening time that somehow makes you want to snack.For me, this evening-snack urge tends to be for sweet food. I don’t tend to have an appetite for dessert immediately after dinner, but a while later? Definitely dessert time.
During the Autumn we watched the Great British Bake Off on Wednesday evenings, and my go-to quick and easy snack became the wonderful mug cake! So quick and easy to make, and tasty too.
All the ingredients get mixed together in a mug, then put in the microwave for just one minute, and then…you eat it! So easy.
Mocha Mug Cake
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp boiling water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (or any other neutral, liquid oil)
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a mug, combine the instant coffee, cocoa powder, and boiling water, and mix to a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and mix well to combine.
- Stir through the chocolate chips, leaving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Put the mug cake in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Eat! And enjoy.