Today’s VeganMoFo post continues on from yesterday’s post…yep, we’re using leftovers! Presuming you didn’t eat all eleven of the sausages you made at once (no judgement, they’re good!) you can use them in this recipe. You could use shop bought sausages too, but for frugality purposes I used my own.
This recipe is pretty simple, but it’s one of our go-to recipes for a quick and easy meal! If you don’t have leftover sausages, I’ve used beans, or different types of fake meat too – burgers can be chopped up and used!
I actually used fresh basil in mine – I have a basil plant on my kitchen windowsill, I bought one of the cheap “living” pots you can get in the supermarket and repotted it, they’re usually still living but need a much bigger pot than they came in! However, dried basil also works find and is what I use when I don’t have fresh basil!
Sausage & Tomato Pasta
- Leftover sausages, sliced
- Enough cooked pasta for two!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped,
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- handful fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Begin by frying your onion and garlic in a pan until turning translucent.
- Add the sliced sausages and fry for a few more minutes until they begin to brown.
- Stir through the tomato puree, and dried basil if you’re using.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir through the fresh basil if you’re using it, and finally the cooked pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!