It’s funny, before I went vegan, cheese and onion crisps were my least favourite flavour. I think it was probably my as yet unknown dairy intolerance making itself known! Now, I like vegan cheese and onion flavoured things. For the “packaging free” day of VeganMoFo I made cheese and onion chickpeas – might sound a little odd, but trust me, they’re so good (and a lot easier than making your own potato crisps).
Roasting chickpeas is a great way to create an easy and tasty snack at home! You can flavour them in so many different ways, you’ll never get bored.
Cheese and Onion Chickpeas
– 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 2 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp onion powder
– salt to taste
– 1 tbsp oil
Preheat the oven to 180C/355F
1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
2. Spread onto a lined baking tray in one layer.
3. Place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crisp and golden.
4. Eat hot, or leave to cool and have as a snack!
4 thoughts on “Cheese and Onion Chickpeas – VeganMoFo Day 13”
I love a good roasted chickpea!
looks delicious – I love cheese and onion flavoured crisps because I don’t get them so often – they aren’t as common in australia as in the UK
Oh wow! I’m definitely going to have to give these a go!
These sound really good! I haven’t made roasted chickpeas in a while, but now I definitely want to!