Today’s VeganMoFo prompt asks us to do spicy food, without chillies. Some people can’t eat chillies, others don’t like them…either way, it’s good to be able to make tasty spicy food without the heat!
I think that sometimes curry can be nice when it’s not hot and spicy, but instead fragrant and flavourful from the mix of spices used. Which is what I did with this creamy mushroom and chickpea curry.
It would appear that I only have one photo of this curry currently, excuse me for that as I am having Internet problems – if I remember I’ll update in the future!
Mushroom and Chickpea Curry
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 350g mushrooms, sliced
– 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp garam masala (make sure your mix doesn’t have chillies!)
– 2 tbsp tomato puree
– 1 can coconut milk
1. Begin by frying your onion and garlic in a large pan until golden.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to fry as they let their moisture out and begin to brown.
3. Add the chickpeas and stir.
4. Stir through the spices and cook for a minute, stirring.
5. Add in the tomato puree and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
6. Cook for ten minutes, season to taste, and serve!
One thought on “Mushroom & Chickpea Curry – VeganMoFo Day 12”
That sounds lovely! I’m all about flavoursome-spicy, as opposed to fiery-spicy.