Today’s prompt, carrying on with the “inspired by…” theme, is about art, and how art inspires you. “Art” can encompass so much, but for this purpose I’m applying it to music, specifically the song “North” by Sleeping at Last.
Let the years we’re here be kind, be kind.
Let our hearts, like doors, open wide, open wide.
Settle our bones like wood over time, over time.
Give us bread, give us salt, give us wine.
The song is about homemaking and finding a place to call home. About finding somewhere full of peace, love, and of course some good bread. So what did I do? Made bread, simple but delicious.
A lot of flatbreads either require rising time, or want to be pan fried…these need neither, they come together really quickly and they bake in the oven in just ten minutes! Which makes them really easy to just whip up to go with soup, stew, or anything you want. They’re best eaten fresh on the day of baking, but will keep for a couple of days afterwards.
Easy Baked Flatbread
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200ml plain sparkling water
- olive oil spray
- Salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 210C/410F
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, salt, and olive oil.
- Slowly pour in the sparkling water, mixing until a dough forms.
- Knead for approximately 5 minutes until smooth.
- Break the dough into eight pieces (half, and then half again)and roll each one into a large circle.
- Place on baking sheets – leaving space to rise – and spray with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
2 thoughts on “Simple Baked Flatbread – VeganMoFo Day 4”
Ohh, oven-baked flatbreads are a revelation! Love this idea.
I love that you took inspiration from music lyrics! Your flatbread looks great, and so simple!