What can you make with five ingredients or less? Something simple like pasta? Or even just toast, perhaps? I decided, for today’s VeganMoFo prompt, to make it a little trickier and do some baking. I’ve been wanting to make some cinnamon biscuits for a while – I’m in a bit of a cinnamon kick at the moment – and this seemed like the perfect excuse.
These biscuits are crispy and crunchy, spiced with plenty of cinnamon and packed with oats – which I think go really well with the cinnamon flavour. They’re rolled in sugar before baking which helps get that crunch through them.
Cinnamon Oat Biscuits
- 200g vegan butter
- 175g sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 200g flour
- 75g oats
- extra sugar
to roll in
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
- Begin by creaming the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the cinnamon and flour, and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Next, stir through the oats.
- Pour a small amount of the extra sugar onto a plate.
- Break off walnut size balls of dough, and roll into balls in your hands. Roll each ball in the sugar, and then place on a baking sheet, flattening slightly with your palm.
- Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Place in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until the biscuits turn golden brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool on the tray.