It’s the last day of VeganMoFo 2016! How sad is that? 😦 I really hope everyone has enjoyed it, and has found some great new vegan friends and recipes this month.
How apt that the final prompt for VeganMoFo this year is about giving. I love giving food as gifts and in fact did a huge order of food gifts for my family this past weekend. I made lots of my Millionaire’s Shortbread and lots of this recipe too.
Introducing brookies! They are a cross between brownies and cookies. I used my brownie recipe as inspiration – these cookies have melted chocolate in the batter which makes them lovely and fudgy – and adapted it into cookie form. And these might be the best cookie recipe I have ever come up with!
These cookies only take 10 minutes to bake – don’t leave them in any longer or they’ll overbake – and are so deliciously gooey and chocolatey that they are a perfect food gift for any chocolate lover. They use aquafaba, which is liquid from a can of chickpeas – read about it in my carob cookies page – which works in place of eggs and keeps them holding together.
- 100g vegan plain chocolate, broken into squares
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 75g vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 3 tbsp aquafaba
- 225g white sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 75g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate, cocoa, coffee, and butter. In a microwave, or over a double boiler, melt completely.
- Into the melted mixture, add the bicarbonate of soda, vanilla, and aquafaba, and mix well.
- Stir through the sugar until well combined.
- Add the flour to the mix and fold through until no pockets of flour remain. Add the milk if necessary to make a smooth but stiff dough.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoon size balls on a baking tray – no need to flatten – leaving a space between as they will spread slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. They will look slightly underbaked but do not leave any longer!
- Leave to cool before eating.
11 thoughts on “Brookies! – VeganMoFo Day 30”
Brownies and cookies sound like the perfect combination! I will definitely give this a try! 🙂
Wow they do look fab. I have to be in the mood for chocolate but my husband give him anything chocolate other than hot chocolate and he likes. I’ve not made vegan version of Millionaire bars but its on my list to do soon. s
My husband is exactly the same! He loves everything chocolate unless it’s hot!
Oooh, yum! I love really soft cookies, so these sound perfect for me. I’ve enjoyed your Vegan Mofo recipes so much – I’ve already made two of them!
These look super amazing! I like the photos, thanks for sharing with us 😀
These look amazinggggggggggg
This acc looks so so good. I love easy bake recipes that turn out so well. Can’t wait to try this. Also would be terrible if you checked out my blog would appreciate it. It’s only 2days old so please be gentle. Hopefully we can be eating buddies. xx http://loaflusters.wordpress.com
Insane. That looks INCREDIBLE. I want some!
Pingback: Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Topping – Walks, Talks & Eats
Pingback: Bourbon Biscuit Brownies – Walks, Talks & Eats
Pingback: VeganMoFo 2019! – Walks, Talks & Eats