This soup is one I grew up eating. It may be simple but it’s definitely delicious – one to make over and over again. We went on a long walk yesterday and this soup was perfect to fill us up afterwards!
Simply chop three leeks:
And three potatoes (no need to peel!):
Combine them in a saucepan with some salt, pepper, and vegetable stock, cook for 10 minutes or so, and blend! And there you have it, some tasty soup 🙂
Easy Leek & Potato Soup
- 3 medium leeks, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped,
- 1 tsp stock powder/1 stock cube crumbled
- Salt & Pepper
- Saute the leeks a little in some oil until they start to wilt. Season with salt & plenty of pepper.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir through.
- Stir through the stock powder or crumbled stock cube.
- Pour over enough boiling water to just cover the leeks and potatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft enough to push a fork through.
- Either transfer to a blender, or use a stick blender (my favourite) and puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!