Saturdays are lazy days! They’re also the day we go food shopping in the evening (never ever go to a supermarket on a Saturday morning, unless you want to be stampeded to death by the millions of other people who are also shopping!) so we try to make our Saturday dinners quick and easy.
This soup is one of our absolute favourites and has been passed on to family members who also love it. I first got the recipe from An Edible Mosaic several years ago and it’s become a firm staple.
It’s a one pot meal, takes 20 minutes to make, and is super tasty!
Rosemary & Bean Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2-3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can Kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 200ml water
- Salt & Pepper
- Fry the onion and garlic in a saucepan until they are lightly browned. Add in the dried rosemary and fry for another minute.
- Stir through the tomato puree and kidney beans.
- With a fork, mash about 50% of the beans and stir again.
- Stir in the stock powder, and add the chopped tomatoes and water.
- Heat these through for about 8 minutes, and serve with bread or pittas.